Serso is looking for External Contractors and/or Full-Time Technicians to perform all field installations and service set-up at customer offices throughout the GTA. If you are experienced, have your own car and you fulfill our job requirements, we will offer you a very attractive compensation and payment package and an excellent work environment.
Serso is a telecommunications and systems development company operating in Ontario and Quebec but holding business in the whole of North America. Our head quarters are in Toronto. We are currently launching our High End, High Speed Internet service specially targeted to businesses in the greater Toronto and Montreal areas. Our Pilot program, where we will implement our custom systems, will take place in Toronto.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deliver, install and test Internet Access (Cable/DSL/Fiber) as well as VoIP products in a professional, courteous, timely and detailed manner.
- Perform troubleshooting on all internet and voice services for all LAN and WAN hardware modules and configure appropriate communication device modules.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of Internet connection and VoIP related issues in the configuration or operation of the customer networks, and functional configuration and understanding of Internet Services and the VoIP platform.
- Plan network capacities for network and perform troubleshooting on existing networks that are inclusive with our Internet Access and VoIP deployments.
- Quickly discover the essence of a problem reported through customer support tickets and manage them to completion, interacting with co-workers, customers and vendors as necessary and as dictated by our service-agreements.
- Interface with Provisioning Department on implementation details for customer deployments and handle challenges during customer installations.
- Collaborate with internal staff and client to explain and or develop product integration strategies.
- Assist management with all Internet Access and VoIP projects and prepare technical field solutions if required.
- Handle trouble tickets for voice, Internet, email, web hosting, managed IT and managed networks upon creation.
- Assess tickets entered into the queue and escalate as needed to ensure tickets are resolved in a timely manner.
- Experienced with LAN/WAN and wireless networking principles and protocols including Ethernet, TCP/IP, VLAN, WLAN, VPN, switches, routers and firewall.
- Proficient with Cisco Routers, Lynksys, Switches, or Firewalls.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Must be fluent and articulate in written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening
- Outgoing personality, fast learner, and works well under pressure
- Ability to work constructively under stress and pressure in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Self-starter who can learn and work quickly and independently while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to consistently produce high quality, on-time, and error-free results in an interrupt-driven environment.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding ability to organize, track, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously without constant supervision
- Excellent team skills with the ability to create effective relationships with peers and partners
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Independent, strategic and creative thinker who is a strong collaborative team player and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Ability to mentor and train others on technical topics.
- Able to operate office equipment such as fax machines and copiers
Education / Previous Experience:
- High School diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or equivalent preferred or equivalent work experience related to networking hardware and installations
- 2 + years of experience in network technologies, integration, installation, and running cabling required.
- 2 + years of experience in troubleshooting network LAN and WAN issues including wireless, routers, switches, phone hardware, etc required
- Prior experience in configuration and testing of network equipment including switches and routers.
- Professional office environment (must wear Serso’s outfit/uniform)
- Travel is required for client on-site visits and installations (own vehicle a must)
- Overnight travel very minimal for installations and training.
- Physical lifting and moving of equipment and other IT-related hardware not to exceed 15 pounds
- Occasional flexible work hours are required.
High school or equivalent
Network Installation: 2 years
Network LAN and WAN Troubleshooting: 2 years
Configuring Network Equipment: 1 year
TBD/ Negotiable / According to experience and demonstrated skill
Send resumes and applications to : email@example.com